User:Jan R. Balzer
Team Culturing Information
WHO I am?
- Aerospace expert with a strong background in farming as I just grew up in a countryside next to nowwhere and still feel myself as belonging rather to nowhere than to big gatherings of concrete.
- Astronomy, Nature, hence Ecology (Biology) & the impossible such as myths, fairytales and fantasy and the good are my life.
- Despite a strong military background in family I am a declared enemy of war or using scientific breakthroughs for raiding neighbouring tribes, villages, natives, towns, cities, countries or covenants.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Open source is what will get us forward.
- Open source is what will make our planet Earth's life easier, longer.
- Open source promotes discussion and hence evolves philosophical questioning | objectivity.
- Open source ecology bundles efforts (instead of many developers engineering several highly redundant solutions, what complicates everything - also it's a waste of time if noone is interested in these projects or lost overview or missing understanding due to lack of documentation, proper open sourcing).
WHAT are your skills?
- Aerospace systems
- Embedded systems (worked with 8-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers, but favoring super computer by now)
- Natural Building in form of stoves, fire places, tree houses and shelters
- Automation of processes (currently struggling with some big projects).
- CAD/CAM familiar, but strong supporter of open source, thus blender/CADTools.
- Fuel cells and alternative energy.
- Loving art but really not too skilled myself.
- Familiar with CNC
- Chemistry basics.
- Farm work
- fruit, nut, vegetables
- Milking cow or goat or sheep using a machine, automaton or milking old school.
How have you already contributed to the project?
- I contributed by spreading the word, some more minor wiki corrections and evolving the german wing of opensourceecology. My projects I submit under the giant of open source ecolgy and especially its purpose, philosophy and flair. (what I'm not happy with is more and more consulting and marketing finding its way to OSE, eventhough I think that's unavoidable to a degree).
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
In giving what I can, and hopefully the realization of some machines and/or by open sourcing some of my findings.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
This question is unlucky. People give what they are able to give within their freetime (volunteering, especially per virtual connection, will not feed them). Volunteering even by real world connection where people usually invite you if you e.g. have no more to eat, is difficult. So doing this for you with real volunteering contract as this question somewhat implies (tell me please if I'm wrong) is not doable. Open sourcing and contributing volunteeringly to projects of course is a different story. I'm looking forward to it.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
This of course, is interesting as it would feed oneself. So yes, definitely making freetime philosphy to progress in a full time scale sounds great. My major project would be/is the milking robot (I call it AMOR, Automated Milking & Other Robot). Other projects are microbial fuel cells & micro hydro as well as electrical power cube conversion.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
Of course! I would like to help you on your small farm! Unfortunately this could prove difficult as I am pretty busy.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
This would be the summit - even though I doubt you will take me as I had to fly to you, and I'm a crazy guy with even crazier projects.
Now let's proceed with the real thing, making this world a better place for you, me and the entire space!