Team Culturing Information
WHO are you?
- Name 'Noel Wilson'
- Location (city, country) 'San Francisco, CA, USA'
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) 'email@example.com'
- Introductory Video
- Resume/CV 'Industrial Designer, worked in rapid prototyping, children's playgrounds, freelance in Australia, wood & metalwork training in Malawi, 'bicycle empowerment' also in Malawi, freelance in London, and now Design Consultancy with Catapult Design in San Francisco'
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture? 'I see it as natural phenomenon, that concepts of ownership have been layered on top of. I endorse finding harmony between the two and believe experiments like GVCS are a step in that direction.'
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us? 'I want to experience the methodology, actions and outcomes of this experiment'.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues? 'Patiently'
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project? 'Improved personal time management. Professional engagement.'
- What are you missing in the project? 'A clear illustration of the concept aimed at the layperson (just found the .org website , big step in the right direction) '
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project? 'Improving concept illustration. Improving presentation simplicity '
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other'
'Product Design & Visual Communications'
- How have you already contributed to the project? 'I have only written a blog about GVCS so far'
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development? 'Product Design & Visual Communications: CAD, sketching, graphic/visualisation generation.'
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week? 'I can only volunteer a few personal hours.'
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate? 'Professionally through the firm I work for I may be able to engage with GVCS. We have two SWX licences (I know this may have an open-source resistance paradox), and good CAD & graphics capacity. The rate would depend on the project details'
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit? 'Yes'
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development? 'Not at this time'
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work? 'Yes'
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not? 'No. I can only contribute my skills as a resource. I will call myself a genuine fan though.'
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis? 'Not at this time'
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology. 'I need to learn more about OSE & GVCS before I answer this question.'