Team Culturing Information
WHO are you?
- Name - Venko Ćurlin
- Location (city, country) - Zagreb, Croatia
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - Gmail and Skype: venko.curlin
- Picture -
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
Born in Zagreb, 1973. Graduated Architectural Engineering, 2000. Chartered Architect since 2005.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I see a chance to work on something that I can believe into, can contribute to and that can really make a difference.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I see it as possible part of solution to many issues, but the most important contribution of the GVCS is the de-centralization of technological knowledge base.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
- What is missing in the project?
Local members from Africa, Australia, China, India, Middle East, Russia...
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Intensified development of Organizational Template for local branches of the OSE. Development of Strategy of Compliance with international standards for the GVCS.
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
- Organizational - development of Integrated Management System and supporting QA/QC and HSE documentation for medium size (250 employees) construction company
- Design - proficient use of various graphical design and applications
- Architecture - broad experience in developing small and large projects (chartered architect)
- Construction - construction oversight
- Product Design - proficient use of CAD software and personal experimentation with designs from recycled paper and plastics
- How have you already contributed to the project?
Yes. I have translated several OSE pages into Croatian. I'm also preaching to my friends and relatives about the OSE and the GVCS.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes. It will vary.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
No, you are doing fine. I'm interested into building it my self with little help of my friends.
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
No. My current financial situation does not allow me to, but I am currently dedicating much of my personal energy to OSE.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
No. I'm not leaving my daughter and wife and I'm certainly not going to make them part of experiment that far from home.