Team Culturing Information
last updated: 24. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Vann Miller
- Location (city, country) - New Orleans, LA & San Francisco, CA
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
vann (dot) miller (at) gmail (dot) com
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - http://www.linkedin.com/in/vannm
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
transportation costs are rising, economies are crashing, and our ecosystems are collapsing: all reasons to produce locally.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
by empowering people to produce the tools they need to use local natural resources to maintain a modern and sustainable standard of living
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
i'm already on the factorefarm; it's happened!
- What are you missing in the project?
not sure i understand this question. i have a lot to learn about the various GCVS tools.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
i'm working with marcin on researching appropriate project and contact mgmt web tools for helping to manage development of the GCVS.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
graduated berkeley in applied math/comp sci, 20+ years in software development, some experience building circuits, robots, and metal shop eperience.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
been helping build tractors in the factorefarm workshop the last few days. been a true fan since july 2010.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
more of the same; web development and shop work.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
doing it full time now. part time once offsite. say 10-15 hours.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
i could do software development for pay. let's see how this goes.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
i'm on one.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
i am right now.
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
i may well be. i'm getting a taste of the community at population 3 right now.