Village Resource Management Software
Software to manage the resources of a village in a cyclical closed-loop system.
Village resources are defined as:
Village resources are provides by village components, primarily:
- Shared Infrastructure
Each individual house in the village can be thought of as a sub-component to the overall system with resources managed by House Resource Management Software.
Shared infrastructure components would vary from village-to-village based on unique needs, desires, and interests, but may consist of:
- Electrical vehicles and / or charging station
- A "common house", community spaces, or community center
- Centralized village power and electrical grid (may feed into wider municipal grid)
- Plumbing and waste-water treatment center (performed ecologically using centralized bio-gas digestion)
- Assist in village planning
- Allow village simulation
- Assist in automation of resource management to free-up human time
- Assist in village improvements, resource attainment efficiency, policy, and decision-making.
- Applicable to existing eco-villages such as Dancing Rabbit Eco-Village
The following principles should be observed the system and guide overall design and decision making.
Each principle is not mutually exclusive, and may tie into other principles.
- Applicable to any geographic location or unique bio-regions
- Available to any person regardless of disability: deaf, blind, vision or hearing impaired, amputee.
- Low Cost
- Whenever possible, financial cost to individuals should be minimized.
- Applicable to any person, culture, or language in the world.
- Open Source
- The code should be freely available and observe the four freedoms of open-source software.