What Open Collaboration Is and Isn't
- Common hardware tools
- Tools must thus be open source
- To be scalable, it must be modular
- To work for everyone, it must be inclusive.
- To be transformative - it must achieve that which is otherwise impossible with limited collaboration
- OSHWA/OSI compliant
- Distributive - ultimately in the Gini Coefficient
- Next step in the evolution of capitalism and socialism
- Intrinsically motivated
- Inclusive - includes nature, people
- Transparent - open to study and learning - unleashed learning so more can be learned in less time.
- Fake Open Source
- Proprietary consortium, coop, Peer Production License
- Collapsitarian - because a serious case for abundance can be made - otherwise what is the point of building a better future?
- Crowdsourced Prioritization - typical public incentive challenges that privatize their results
- Extrinsic motivation - the process must be wholesome