The Zeitgeist Movement is an international social & activism movement that aims to accelerate a transition into a sustainable resource-based economy by changing the present 'Zeitgeist' (cultural atmosphere of an era, a Deutsche loan-word, literally 'spirit of the time'). The movement advocates using "the scientific method for social concern", by applying the best in clean technology to its greatest extent, in order to free humanity from menial toil and manage resources sustainably.
While its official activism and events are typically focused on media and education, TZM is a major supporter of OSE and Open-Source projects worldwide since they allow for uninhibited advancement of science and technology, independent of constraints posed by institutions of patenting and capitalist investment.
- The Zeitgeist Movement official website
- TZM official blog
- ZeitNews - Positive Sci & Tech News-aggregate project
- The Zeitgeist Media Project
- Zeitgeist Addendum - Peter Joseph, October 2008
- Awakening - Douglas Mallette, February 2010
- Zeitgeist Moving Forward - Peter Joseph, January 2011
- The Innovation War - Ben McLeish, London Z-Day, March 2011
- Arriving at a Resource-Based Economy - Peter Joseph, TEDxO'Porto, March 2011
- Transition to a resource-based economy pitch - Oskar Gonzalez, March 2011
- The Big Question - Peter Joseph, TEDx Ojai, February 2012