2 Day Teacher Training Workshop
Bring a 3D printer build to your school and teach your students to design real things.
- We will come to your school,
- We guide you in a build of Open Source Ecology's 3D Printer - the simplest 3D printer in the world - with only 33 unique parts.
- We will walk you through the entire 3D printing process.
- We will teach you how to design real things using open source software.
- We will invite you and your students to design useful things with us in global Design Jams
- Get continuing education credit as a teacher
- Child and beginner friendly - because it is the simplest design possible. No soldering. Anyone can build one.
- Introduce practical design and engineering skills while designing real things that can then be build using the 3D printer
- Join the greater, world-changing Open Source Ecology community.
Professional Development for Teachers
Bring a hands-on 3D printing immersion and 3D printer build to your school and continue your professional development
- Bring more value to your students and school
- Get involved in a global movement for community-based production
- Transform your students from passive consumers to producers
- Build yourself - and build your world
- We Come to Your School during the school day
- Have your teachers and students learn in their own environment
- Inspire your whole school without sending a teacher away with a travel grant
- Bring more value to your school
- For Both Teachers and Students
In addition to development for teachers only - we offer the possibility to have both student and faculty groups building 3d printers in the same event. This bridges gaps between students and faculty, and cultivates a creative mindset.
3D Printing Bootcamp includes:
- Survey of 3D Printing 101
- Overview of the industry and technologies - the truth about 3D printing
- DIY ecosystem - the promise of the Open Source Microfactory and the Open Source Everything Store
- Sourcing and creating 3D models
- Processing 3D models for 3D printing
- See full kit description here
- OSE D3D Printer - the printer with the lowest unique part count in the world
- DIY 3D Printer Kit is specifically designed for a fast and easy build that maximizes learning
- Transparent design, built from scratch, using common off-the-shelf parts. Banish the mystery of design.
- A scalable, modular printer - can be made at any size and used for other functions, like circuit milling and laser cutting
- Proudly designed and made in the USA - Maysville, Missouri - with a global collaborator team
- Open hardware design allows you to make all kinds of improvements
- Affordable to source AND to maintain
Contact us for more information. There are many different ways that our Open Source Microfactory can serve you:
- We can build up to 12 OSE 3D Printers in a session
- We can offer just a 1 day build, 2 day professional development, or 3 day training to start an OSE design Club
- Groups of teachers OR students OR a combination of the two
- We can also structure events as team building events - for example by building a large 3D printer with 1 meter bed
- We can offer builds of different machines - see https://microfactory.opensourceecology.org/workshops/
- Option 1: an Intensive One Day Workshop (8-12 hours)
- Option 2: Comprehensive 2 Day or 3 Day Workshop (6-12 hours each day, depending on depth required)
Shorter days are better for maintaining attention span - but longer days can cover more material if the audience is exceptionally motivated.