3D Printer Design for Manufacturing
- To save space, print vertically
- Design for vertical printing in general to save space
- Design for flat printing when large flats are desired
- When printing large flats, chamfer the edge so you can get a print removal tool under the print when printing on fixed surfaces.
- Preview the slicing to make sure holes, for example in the extruder, come out properly. Show that this is the case for 1.2 mm nozzles.
- Preview the slicing to assure that the first layer is fully attached to the printing surface.
Part Reduction Log
- 1 screw count was reduced in the extruder, July 2020 -