Alex Kit Certification
Make a copy of:
Main Certification Spreadsheet
make a copy of Sara's - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k1qLG1_LydebeziBzCr1ePvJ2fdkDO85xidjKrGdd9I/edit#gid=0
make copy of https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tuqGoRbD_J-1NZOyky5YsDny67ybINcYIUi9IxU4gtc/edit#slide=id.g4071900322_0_32
Kit build went well. There were missing parts (not printed) that were substituted (first picture in video above), and some issues:
- LCD did not work
- LCD location on control panel was in the way of the cable chain due to old documentation (main documentation has been since updated)
- Printed carriages needed cleaning
- There was an additional hole in the front frame piece which marcin mistook for a Z axis hole, only to find out that it did not have the opposing hole, and this resulted in a build error. I had to redrill a hole for the second Z.
- Frame had old epoxy on it. Had to clean it with a knife and grinder.
- It turns out that 8 mm shafts were tight. I replaced X and Y shafts with 5/16" shafts. This issue may depend on filament and printer - for the printed part quality. I left the Z axes at 8 mm - but needed extra glide on X and Y for speed.
- Back bottom Z axis hole was too far down for the Z axis to fit - had to redrill the hole higher.
- Two bed standoff nuts did not fit on 8 mm rods - used other nuts
- Wire on the Z probe connector - excessively long, had to wrap up many more times in the final wiring. Works, but took more time.
- Control panel - MOSFET too close to USB plug - needs to go a little to the right, and need to correct instructions. Also, needs 3rd mounting hole on MOSFET so the MOSFET doesn't slouch forward.
- Spool holder pieces had to be reamed out (heated then set on rods)
- PEI was already attached. Should be left for the builder.
- End stop holders need modification, Both holes do not fit - one hole only is glued. Had to scrape mid of endstop to make it fit (missed this in Sara's build evaluation)
- Wire of power supply needs to point sideways, not down (same issue in Sara's)