- "A Versatile, Trusted, Open Autopilot software for drones and other autonomous systems"
- Can work with many kinds of ROVs/Autonomous vehicles/robots
- Most useful feature seems to be it's "Waypoint" based paths which would be near perfect for farm field sweeps
- Uses a slightly more complex liscense, but IS open source*
Programmed Logic in Missions
Yes, you can pass custom Python scripts into Mission Planner! . Thus, this creates programmable logic that can be implemented on pre-planned missions. For example, you can define waypoints, and implement custom, complex paths in between based in feedback and any logic within a Python program.
- The Wikipedia Page on Ardupilot
- Their Main Website
- Their Github
- The Youtube Channel "RCTestFlight" does many automated/waypoint vehicles (especially long range) (possible sme?)