Biomass Origin Ash Return
(Redirected from BOAR)
- Abbreviated as BOAR
- A (potential) acronym of returning Bio-Ash from Bioenergy / Biofuel applications to the source of the Biomass used
- Thus there should be no Soil Depletion of various minerals
- In the perfect form of this, just the Hydrocarbons, Carbon, and Water would be extracted from the site, with all other minerals (short of potential Bioremediation of pollutants that could be captured in the Bio-Refinery or similar process and properly handled) being returned to the original soil and used by the next generation of plants
- Biomass Ash Original Ecosystem Return (BAOER) (Less of a Backronym / More Descriptive, but less sensible
- Bioenergy/Biofuel or just the general abbreviation bio-ash can also be used instead of Biomass
Common Terms In Related Literature
- "Forestry Use of Bio-Ash (See the section in "Alternate Acronyms/Terms on ways to word this) "
- Forestry Fertilizer Based off of etc
Existing Companies Doing This
Tecwill Granulators Oy
- Seems to sell equipment to make "Granulated Bioash" as fertilizer for Managed Forests
- A 1996 Paper Titled "Stabilisation of biofuel ashes for recycling to forest soil"
- A 2019 Paper Titled "Can Bioenergy Ash Applications Emulate the Effects of Wildfire on Upland Forest Soil Chemical Properties?"
- A 2005 Paper Titled "Utilization of Ashes From Biomass Combustion and Gasification"
- A Video by the Youtube Channel " Living Web Farms " Titled "Waste Not Wood Ash"
- At (insert timecode here) they discussed lab testing of ash for composition + agricultural use dosing, should look into this