Ash Handling and Utilization
- This page goes over the proper protocol for Ash handling, as well as various methods in which it can be used
- Need to determine composition of Biomass ash (and if it's fractions' differences are as significant as Coal Ash
Ash in General
- Agricultural Use (Assuming it is entirely extracted from the Charcoal in the Charcoal Washing process (as well as emissions capture) it should be nearly all of the non-(hydro)carbon elements/compounds from the plants/soil. THUS by returning it to the soil in the proper amounts you close this loop
- A 2021 Paper Titled "Recycling sawmilling wood chips, biomass combustion residues, and tyre fibres into cement-bonded composites: Properties of composites and life cycle analysis"
- "Options for increased use of ash from biomass combustion and co-firing"
- A 2020 Paper Titled "Valorisation of agricultural biomass-ash with CO2"
- A 2012 Paper Titled "Ash Management Review—Applications of Biomass Bottom Ash"
- A Video by the YouTube Channel " Living Web Farms " Titled "Waste Not Wood Ash with Dan Hettinger "
- At (insert timecode here) they discussed lab testing of ash for composition + agricultural use dosing, should look into this
- A Video by the YouTube Channel " Living Web Farms " Titled "Waste Not Wood Ash Part 2"