Book - Research Areas
For the Book, there are several more areas not yet covered in OSE Curricula that need to be researched for the current state of art:
- Windmill blades - practical construction with 3D printing + fiber composite
- Lasers - simplest design of a laser that works. Practical experiments for carbon dioxide and other laser types, up to semiconductor diodes. Lasers up to basic metal cutting and Laser Metal Deposition.
- Diode Laser Construction Set
- Laser Diode Construction Set
- Refrigeration - absorption chiller, TEG, and other means of generating cold.
- Chemistry - common synthesis, catalysis, distillation, oxidation, reduction processes, electrolysis, and other processes using carbon, oxygen, calcium, water, biomass, and other common elements. Experiments on the small scale aimed at practical use.
- 3D scanning - algorithms
- Computer vision - algorithms - and simple tools - Processing, other
- Autonomous vehicles - algorithms
- Aluminum production - clay to alumina, to bauxite
- Rod and wire mill - how is it done technically
- Hot rolling, casting billet in forms - how is it done technically, parameters for 200 lb human-size billet