CEB Press Workshop Curriculum
- 1 PM pickup at airport. Please book your flights to arrive before then. Others need to rent a car, may coordinate with one another. Workshop starts at 3 PM sharp.
- 3 pm - Introductions, goals, methods, documentation
- 4 pm - CAD - Sketchup, FreeCAD, LibreCAD crash course. Converting, modifying, importing, and manipulating files for collaboration and interoperability. OSE Open Source Warehouse and Machine Design. Fritzing and Upverter Modular Electronics Crash Course for artists and entrepreneurs, including Physical Computing with Arduino and Beagle Bone Black as modular micro-controllers.
- 5 pm - Laser cutting crash course - intro and use of Lasersaur for a full scale model build
- 6 pm - Documentation and video production crash course - OpenShot, video assets library, remote editing, uploads to a repository, etc.
- 7 pm - Workshop walkthrough and Safety + Quality Control Crash Course
- 8-9 pm - Crash Course on Welding and custom fabrication - Drilling, Grinding, Ironworker Machine, hand tools - extensive list.
- 10 pm - Crash course on Hydraulic Fluid Power. Design/Build of the Electric MicroCube, 2 hp. No cooler. Cuts 1" steel slabs as example of raw power.
- Extreme Build - 9AM to 6PM build. Lunch at 1 PM.
- Physical Structure
- Electronic Controller
Testing and Data Collection
9 AM - quality control checklist 10 AM - painting - first coat
- Taking Brick Press into the field
- Mixing soil with Soil Mixer
- Measuring brick pressing rate - 27 hp
- Building a sample wall
- Mixing stabilized bricks
- Measuring brick pressing rate- 54 hp - 2 power cubes
9 AM start Distributive Enterprise
- Brick Press Production Economic Models
- CEB Press Enterprise - Integrated Model. Model integrating production, education, and enterprise training. Focus is on education, production and enterprise training are part of the education. Forum is used for support.
- CEB Press Enterprise - Outsourced Fabrication - Model relying on outsourcing digital cutting and welding to a fabricator. The basic model involves collaboration with a Fab Shop where the entrepreneur provides primarily the marketing, and customer service is attained via a User Community. A Forum is used for support on all topics ranging from troubleshooting, design, usage, house building, and future developments. A Forum Manager is brought in from the leadership of the OSE CEB Press community.
- CEB Press Enterprise - Outsourced Digital Fabrication and In-House Assembly without Workshops - Model for Producing Kits
- CNC Cutting in House with CNC Torch Table
- Housing Production Model
- Enterprise Model for a 3 Day House build - design, sourcing, build
- Discussion and Special Guests