CNC Torch 2019
Minimum Viable Product 2 - Linear Table
- Concept: CNC torch without height control for a 12"x12" working area, out of linear stock
Minimum Viable Product 1 - Full Sized Table
- 1" axis with water table, 5x5' for 4x4' stock
- Space frame for ease of build with local metal sourcing of 1/4x4" steel for welded build - simplifies kit delivery.
- This would be for small parts such as shredder, plastic-metal composites for CNC Torch, 3DP frames, other metal-plastic composites in heavy machines and tools (ex. vise with metal jaws)
- Use case is primarily small scale production of parts for startup entrepreneurs.
- Can be used as testbed for automatic height control innovation, as well as scalability
- Water table allows for warpless cutting and allows for table probing for flatness in automatic operation. Allows for $5 control system instead of $500. See CNC Torch Table Height Control with Marlin Toolchain
- 1/4" space frame for stability and ease of build
- Usable as router for light duty routing of wood but no compelling purpose as a router in the GVCS
- Operator controlled with Marlin and Z Babystepping using Marlin controller - for additional control if warping occurs. This would be a perfect 80% solution that runs attended by an operator.
- Develop cell phone Babystepping control eventually.
- Ignition - Automatic CNC Torch Table Ignition