(Redirected from Composite Material)
- Often reffered to as "Composites"
- Materials produced from two or more constituent materials with notably different characteristics, that remain distinct in the final material
- These are selected to have a complementing effect
- Most Common Examples Are:
- There are also less common composites:
- Engineered Wood Products are composites to a certain degree, but are typically treated/considered "wood"
- Sandwich Panels
- Fiber Reinforced Bars/Pipes
- Need to find difference between mineral wool, rock wool, and basalt fiber wool (if any)
- Minaral Wool , Rock Wool, and Fiberglass (figure out what to do with this)