November 2013 I met with Andrew Rens to continue discussions regarding the OSE Contributor Agreement on the Wiki.
Conclusions are that in March - we should use http://contributoragreements.org/chooser - to generate a contributor agreement for the wiki, which is being updated for open hardware considerations. Next steps:
- for wiki - add a Terms and Conditions for general website on wiki and blog, gotten from Andrew's site - The Terms and Conditions Template is at http://www.opencounsel.net/resources
- Jack at USC will work with his class on the for Open Hardware License
- On wiki, we generate a form that checks off - I agree to terms and conditions, and 'I read and agree to contributor agreement.' Then an email is sent to the person signing up - with conditions and etc clear. - Then OSE saves a copy PDF of the agreement on its server. (Add a checkbox for email for monthly newsletter?) which fields are critical - name - and email? Date is automatic?
- The Terms and Conditions Template is at http://www.opencounsel.net/resources
- See list of companies that use contributor agreements. I am not sure which of them use wikis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contributor_License_Agreement
- One Community Contributor Agreement