OSE Licensing Agreement
OSE (Licensor) terms for licensing OSE technology under its brand to third parties (Licensees).
- OSE provides a nonexclusive, global license.
- License involves using the OSE Logo, Black and White version
- Branding follows the OSE Character Stand and Promise
- Visual appearance follows OSE Graphics Guidelines
- License is revokable at any time for non-compliance with Terms
- License fee is on a per-sale basis - such that it makes sense for the Licensee, while providing support to OSE
- This relationship is unique in that it focuses on working openly - with an absence of proprietary information. OSE's aim is to make the production process transparent to consumers - in order to educate the consumer on what goes on behind the scenes of production.
- Approach to the OSE Quality Assurance is providing a clear Product Label, which includes production and product information that allows the buyer to gain insight into the behind-the-scenes area of production. Label inludes:
- QR code linking to a wiki page that shows all the information about the product, including but not limited to:
- Detailed BOM that went into that specific product
- Any test data obtained on the product
- Labor rate paid to assembly workers, if possible
- Publishing all assets under a CC-BY-SA-4.0 International license, and any code under GPL or other OSI-approved license
- Any code/software developed for the kits/products must be inluded in the documentation, and must be compatible with the Linux computer Operating System out of the box, preferably Ubuntu.
- Licensee publishes sourcing information on the OSE Wiki in the form of embedded Google Spreadsheet. See Embedding Google Docs
- Publishing the supporting documentation below in Engligh for the Western customers.
- Publishing BOM at OSE-SZOIL Universal Axis
- BOM contains clear, unambiguous, transparent sourcing information that includes:
- Detailed part description
- Link to data sheet or specs if available
- Listing of the ISO, CE, or any other other certifications for that component
- Link to the online source
- Email contact of supplier
- Address of supplier
- Minimum order quantity
- Delivery time
- Publishes Build Instructions at OSE-SZOIL Universal Axis#Build Instructions
- Publishes Quality Control Procedures at OSE-SZOIL Universal Axis#Quality Control
- Ships a sample of kit or product to OSE headquarters, 909 SW Willow Rd, Maysville MO 64469, USA
- Publishes also at OSE-SZOIL Universal Axis:
- Graphics assets related to marketing, such as packaging design
- Production engineering information - which includes information on how the individual parts were fabricated
- Quality Assurance documents - any part testing or verification as performed by manufacturer or assembler of kit
- Uses the Universal Axis-based 3D printer to produce Universal Axis parts, as ongoing validation of the effectiveness of the Universal Axis for its defined task.
- Works only with suppliers that allow OSE visits for quality control and education purposes
- Inspects sample kit/product after receiving shipment
- Assists in finding existing documentation for the Universal Axis
- Inspecting manufacturing facility as decided by OSE
- Assembling the documentation provided by the Licensee into a Product Lable.
- Collaboration on review of the Product Label for description and marketing information.