We have created a Crowdap to leverage the contributions of people worldwide who are helping bring the GVCS to completion. The point of the Crowdmap is to create a repository of information - collected via micro-contributions of content from people worldwide - which can subsequently be mined by GVCS project developers for useful development support. We encourage this to be used as a dumping ground of potentially relevant information - which can then be refined and filtered.
The focus of the Crowdmap is to:
- Identify potential developers and collaborators - all the subject matter experts, prototypers, managers, fabricators, CAD designers, reviewers, funders, and other potential supporters according to our Scalable Open Source Product Development Process
- Identify sourcing information, especially for hard to find parts like Steam engine piston rings.
- Identify other supporting information that can aid in the development of the 50 GVCS Technologies
If you are contributing in some way to the project, please enter your data in the Crowdmap by submitting a report. Fill out the following fields like in the image below:
- Report Title - your name
- Description - how do you contribute to the project
- Categories - choose the contribution categories
- Optional Information - enter your name and email for contacts
- Refine Location Name - enter your location - city and country
- News source link - enter a link to your contributions. It can be your Wiki page (e.g. http://openfarmtech.org/wiki/Your_Name)
On the home page of the Crowdmap you can filter the people by their contribution categories (all or only one) by clicking on a category. In this way you can easily find specific contributors on a specific place on the map.
This is a list of some of the categories in the Crowdmap with an explanation. The focus of the Crowdmap is the development of the 50 GVCS Technologies. All the categories below refer to specific individuals, entities, organizations, and other sources who can provide the particular service, support, or development function.
- Systems Engineering Mapping - The first part of the development for any of the 50 GVCS Technologies starts with a map of available component/design options for implementing a given technology. Read more at GVCS_Development_Template
- Funding - True Fans, donors, or other financial supporters of the GVCS
- CAD - FreeCAD, Solidworks, AutoCAD, Blender, Sketchup, and QCad are the main relevant software packages for mechanical design. Others indlude electronics and other design. With CAD design in place, prototyping can begin.
- Documentation – technical writing, instructionals, fabrication produceres, bills of materials, explainer videos, documentary production, video editing, vidoe production, 3D modeling. Documentation is the key to the replication of any open source project
- Prototyping - this is the build of the first instances of a given machine prior to Full Product Release
- Fabricator - this refers to those individuals who can be tapped for help in production runs of GVCS machines, or people who ha
- Project Manager/Leader - the organizer and integrator of the technology in development
- Testing Locations - Use of the GVCS technologies in real-life conditions to determine performance and test for lifetime design
- Peer Reviewers - GVCS technologies are evaluated at every stage of deployment. Peer Review may be used to assess the technology at the design stage or after testing to determine further developments that are required.
- Standards and Certifications Providers- Entities that can test GVCS tools for adherence to OSE Specifications. Certifications, such as Factor e Certified, may be given to other producers after verifying their capacity to produce according to OSE Specifications. The OSE Label is the mark of adherence to OSE's standards.
- IT Support - responsible for all aspects of server infrastructure and web presence.
- Marketing and Communications - blogging, speech writing, media relations materials, donor relations materials, presentations, product brochures, professional article writing, and other media-related tasks
- Business Development - Distributive Enterprise Model creation, Business Planning assistanc along the lines of open economic development
- Part Sourcing - suppliers of parts, components, and materials required for building the GVCS technologies.
- Subject Matter Experts - people who can help in the development of any of the 50 GVCS Technologies
- Power Electronics - people working on the Universal Power Supply (for the Inverter, Welder, Plasma Cutter, Welder, Charger, Charge Controller, Induction Furnace, Laser Cutter, and others)
- Digital Fabrication, Robotics and Automation - CNC Multimachine, Industrial Robot, CNC Circuit Mill, 3D Printer, CNC Laser Cutter, 3D Scanner, CNC Torch Table
- Agriculture - Microcombine, Baler, Hay Rake, Bulldozer, Tractor, Microtractor, Well-Drilling Rig, Universal Seeder, Bakery Oven, Milking Machine, Spader, Univeral Auger, Agrocircle Agricultural Robot, Chipper/Hammermill
- Housing - CEB Press, Dimensional Sawmill, Well-Drilling Rig, Backhoe, Cement Mixer, Trencher, Soil Pulverizer
- Metallurgy - Induction Furnace, Hot Rolling, Press Forge, Wire and Rod Mill
- Energy - Solar Concentrator, Modern Steam Engine, 50 kW Wind Turbine, Pelletizer, Gasifier Burner, Nickel Iron Batteries, Electrical Motor/Generator, Steam Generator
- Custom Fabrication - Oxyhygrogen Cutter, 150 Ton Ironworker Machine, Welder, Plasma Cutter, Heavy Duty Drill Press, CNC Multimachine, Press Forge
- Materials - Bioplastic Extruder, Aluminum Extractor from Clay, Alloying
- Transportation - Microcar, Tractor, Truck, Bulldozer, Microtractor, Hydraulic Motors, Power Cube
Other useful features of the Crowdmap are:
- Reports - get an overview of the last submitted reports.
- Get Alerts - receive notifications if somebody within 1 to 100 km submits a report with a chosen category.
- Comment a report - when you click on a report, you can leave a comment to it.
- Search - the text entered in the fields can be searched (upper right corner).
Everybody who is already contributing to the project is invited to enter their data into the Crowdmap.
After submitting the Team Culturing survey, the users could see "Please enter your data also in the global OSE Crowdmap" and get a link to this page.