Short to mid term goals
- Establish Manawatu OSE Club in partnership with Massey University as the genesis for OSE Aotearoa (New Zealand) National Chapter.
- Develop easy to follow D3D Universal build instructions
- Promote more Microfactory STEAM Camps in Aotearoa
- Prepare 4 hour onboarding webinar series for college students. See one hour from Collaborative Literacy of 2020.
- Refine National Chapters of OSE
- Reach out to other Universities and high schools in New Zealand
- Research existing build instruction formats (eg. Lego, IKEA)
- Source NZ parts, and print all parts ready to build and document 2nd D3D Universal Printer
- Select a date for event which invites high school students to Massey
Thur Mar 26:
Thur Mar 19:
Wed Mar 18:
Meeting with Morio and Marcin on OSE Chapters. Emerging strategy:
- University outreach is interested in recruiting high school students.
- Chapters organize as a student organization with their university, and apply for funding from their respective student organizations office - for buiding a basic microfactory for prototyping
- University provides meeting space and facilities
- Kickoff event is a 2 day intro event - building 3D printers and learning FreeCAD design. Event invites OSE University Chapter leadership (faculty advisor, pair of student leaders) - and a number of local high schools.
- Student leaders organize OSE Chapter at the university prior to Kickoff, ideally, and apply for open source microfactory funding such that the kickoff is fruitful for high school students.
- University chapter runs ongoing Design Sprints, and 2x per year High School Hackathons, achieving outreach goals of university
- Faculty advisor leverages the collaboration for producing meaningful research results, on an existing applied project of interest - so that the faculty advisor can synergize via their existing effort. Here it is a Farm Rover - part of the Tractor Construction Set - a platform for building human-controlled and autonomous tractors from 1 kW to 400kW in size.
- National Coordinator for respective country facilitates publicity and marketing for kickoff event
- University OSE Chapter can be formed with intent of long term relationship with OSE
- University chapters run ongoing Design Sprints and annual hackathon
- Chapters participate to annual Incentive Challenge
- All chapters worldwide work on the same project, with collaboration ecology that includes hundreds of roles and thousands of contributors, to accelerate innovation to higher effectiveness than corporate R&D - via open collaboration under Open Source-Compliant hardware and software licenses