What is it?
An incentive challenge is a contest where people collaborate so solve a problem. Unlike standard challenges such as HeroX or X-Prize or Solving for X - the OSE challenge is collaborative. Teams in the OSE version are required to collaborate, not compete.
- Design with marketing of both the crowd funding and crowd design aspects
- Leverage open source hardware stalwarts
- Leverage media contacts - Dr pearce, obi board
- FreeCAD only. Persistence developed.
- Basic Dev Template included
- Fund incentive prizes via OSE workshops, at given percentage of budget
- Files stored on public repo like GitHub
- License is open
- You are allowed to borrow from others, but must show significant contribution of your own.
- Judging: by burndown, time log, OSE Linux is recommended - it has all software, OS hardware. Non OS is disqualified. Must be legacy v16 of FreeCAD.