Electronics Design Automation software, GPL.
- Useful Software for PCB Design:
http://opencircuitinstitute.org/content/software How to use KiCAD: http://docs.kicad-pcb.org/stable/en/getting_started_in_kicad.html Circuit Board Anatomy: http://www.voltfolio.com/main/content/notes-circuit-board-construction Open Circuit Institute (what is planned): http://opencircuitinstitute.org/content/about-us
- Course on Udemy - 
- Epic Hackaday Tutorial - 
What is KiCAD
Download and Install KiCAD
- Downloading and Installing KiCAD on Ubuntu (Linux-based) - KiCAD_Ubuntu
- Downloading and Installing KiCAD on Windows - KiCAD_Windows
- Downloading and Installing KiCAD if Above Fails - 
How to Get Extra SMD Devices
- Was trying to add using the "footprint" tool some different chips. Found libraries online, assuming their is some folder somewhere to put it in in order for it to be read, couldn't seem to find it? Probably some simple error, but couldn't hurt to have info on this, will update this once i find out how (or someone else edits this for me pre-that)
Javier Serrano <Javier.Serrano@cern.ch> 7/25/16 to Wayne, me Hi guys,
If for whatever reason Wayne can't do it, here are a couple of alternative suggestions in the US:
- Chris Gammell . He runs the KiCad forum  and gives KiCad courses .
- Adam Wolf, one of the active members of the KiCad community in the US .
I just found that Chris interviewed Adam in The Amp Hour back ion 2013! .
 http://chrisgammell.com/contact-me/  https://forum.kicad.info/  https://contextualelectronics.com/  https://www.wayneandlayne.com/about/  http://www.theamphour.com/167-an-interview-with-adam-wolf-brick-board-biuners/