Mostly Printed CNC
(Redirected from MP-CNC)
- A 3-Axis CNC Mill / CNC Router where most parts are 3D Printed
- Similar to the RepRap concept in that way
- The main non-printed parts are:
- The rods/aluminium extrusions
- The spindle
- The motors
- The electronics
- The screws
- Not open source.
- Cost: $412 without frame and spindle. Great deal.
- $277 for electronics and parts - very competitive
- $135 for 3D printed parts
- Frame - not included
- Spindle - not included
Compared to D3D Circuit Mill BOM
V1 Engineerings sells their basic parts kit for $277 with Ultimachine controller. Ours is $150 for parts with RAMPS controller, (no frame, 3d printed parts, or spindle) if you get them yourself, so $120 for a kit is a reasonable markup. Their pricing structure is a good model for OSE.
What OSE can Learn From It
- They have a good suggestion on wiring motors in series - 2x the power.
- The Purchase Link
- A Review by the Youtube Channel Thomas Sanladerer -supposedly some rigidity issues, especially at more CNC router size builds