Micro Gas Turbine
- A Category of Gas Turbines typically within 1-20 KW (Although supposedly 1MW units may be included in the high end)
- They multiple units can be used at one site, akin to a Power Cube but for the Factory/MicroGrid 's need
Main Companies Developing/Offering Micro Gas Turbines
- Capstone Green Energy (Formerly Capstone Turbines )
- A 2008 Paper Titled "Development of a hydrogen fuelled 1 kW ultra micro gas turbine with special respect to designing, testing and mapping of the µ-scale combustor"
- ARPA-E - "1kW Microturbine System by Rory Keogh - Metis Design, Jim Kesseli - Brayton Energy, Peter Therkelsen -LBNL, Prof. Daejong Kim - UTA"
Ultra-Micro Gas Turbines
- Can have it's own page once enough content is here
- Essentially 1kw and below, even to PowerMEMS size
- Thus you could have a Small UAV, a Laptop, or even a Smartphone that run off of JP-5 etc
- "ADVANCES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF A MICRO-TURBINE ENGINE AT ONERA" - "At Onera , a research program called DecaWatt is under development in order to realize a demonstrator of a micro gas turbine engine in the 50 to 100 Watts electrical power range."
- A 2007 Paper Titled "Catalytic Combustion Systems for Micro-Scale Gas Turbine Engines"