Hint: #Use Presentation Template for generating your diagram.
- Break the machine down into components by studying History, Prior Art, and Industry Standards.
- Write down salient notes on the modules as necessary to explain importance of module from standpoint of OSE Specifications
- Draw these components and make notes in the Drawing
- Publish to wiki. See Embedding Google Docs. This allows document to update automatically in the wiki whenever changes are made.
- Link to your Module Breakdown in the Development Board for the particular machine/artifact.
OSE follows Module Based Design
This allows multiple parts of an artifact to be developed in parallel, and it allows these parts to be produced in parallel via a 'barnraising'-style social production model.
To achieve Module Based Design - a machine/artifact first needs to be broken down into modules. These modules must be designed such that they fit together with other modules. For this to happen, a clear interface design must be presented (next step in Development Process).