Municipal Solid Waste
- Often Abbreviated as MSW
- All solid waste produced by a group/facility
- Essentially all "trash" + recycling + solid compostables
Average Composition (USA Data Mainly)
- Hard to recycle, especially if not clear and/or if a precise color is desired
- May have use as an abrasive, or as an aggrgate/composite componet
- Assuming "other" means thermosets?
- Spreadsheet Here
- TLDR: Mainly PE , PP , PET , and low amounts of other "usables" (~12% ) and a decent amount thermosets/blends/degraded products (other ; ~15% )
Paper and Similar Materials
- ~25% of total
- A HUGE portion
Misc Inorganic Waste
- Mix of leather, textiles, other category, and the inorganic waste category from the epa page
- Textiles may be recoverable, celluloistic would be easy, plastics/blends most likely non-recoverable?
- E-Waste is valuable, but requires speciazl processing (is this included in the list?)
- Leather is odd, may be compostable, probably rare?