Used to rearrange shapes in the most optimized way to fit within a given area when cutting smaller pieces from larger stock material
Open Source Nesting Software
- DeepNestSharp - github
- remix of deepnest
- How To - DeepNestSharp
- deepnest - github
- after changing settings such as "space between parts" and "DXF import units", close the program, open, then re-import file.
- requires internet connection in order to connect to a file conversion server. Uses kabeja
- SVGnest http://svgnest.com/ - Github
- file must be in SVG format
- must create a shape of the material to be cut from in the model
- svg conversion and unit change are causing issues
- OpenSCAD's notes on SVG->EPS->DXF https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/Other_2D_formats#SVG
- Slicr? - need to test
- FreeCAD Nester forum link announcing 'Nester'
- Arch Nest