Current Source Files for Badges
See Jean-Baptiste_Log#Mon_06_2. The following is copy-pasted from Jean's log entry.
FreeCad Certified icon variants organized by format:
These icons (512 x 512px) can be obtained from sourcefile here by making visible or hiding different layer combinations in Inkscape.
- Watch this 2min. video for a brief walk through of how to modify the Inkscape file.
1. FreeCAD certified badge standard sourcefile here
2. FreeCAD certified badge vertical format sourcefile here
3. FreeCAD certified badge vertical OSE logo orientation sourcefile here
4. FreeCAD certified badge color icon sourcefile here
How to Modify Badges
Summary of Video:
- Open source above
- Turn on layers view
- Style suggestion: include check, date in mid bottom, and name in the text. Developer nubmer - keeps track of number of people getting the badge.
- Export badge - - note - use Export Area: page and other properties as captured.
OSE Ranks to becoming a Black Belt Dev Ninja
OSE borrows the color coded ranking system of Karate Belts outlined as follows. The criteria for advancement under development, but see proposal below, which incorporates badges, numbers of cycles contributed, workshops attended, and
- White Belt: Pass FreeCAD Test and remain and Developer in Good Standing for 1 development cycle
- Yellow Belt
- Orange Belt
- Green Belt
- Blue Belt
- Purple Belt
- Brown Belt
- Red Belt
- Black Belt
Developers' Roster, Badges, and Rank
The following list includes developers, their badges, rank, and status (current, former, adjunct)
(Note there are 7 missing Dev numbers, and 6 unidentified developers (Jonathan Kocurek, Brian Hull, Hart, Emmanouil, Richard White, Jose Carlos) who need to be identified in the roster.
- Cedric Lemofack Dev #003. Current Dev. White Belt.
- Jean-Baptiste Dev#006. Adjunct. White Belt.
- Roberto Jaramillo Dev# 009.
- Chas Murillo Dev# 010. Current Dev. White Belt.
- Abe Anderson Dev# 011. Current Dev. White Belt.
- Frank McCormick Dev# 012. Former Dev.
- Gregory Foster. Dev#013. Former Dev.
- Ayodele Arigbabu / Ahmed Qosaeri Dev# 015. Current Dev. White Belt. (Note: no bio. Also email and badge names...Idk)
- Kassie Paul Dev# 016. Current Dev. White Belt.
- Laszlo Gergely Dev# 017. Adjunct Dev. White Belt. (Note: no bio)
- Isael Reyes Dev# 018. Current Dev. White Belt.
- Oliver Schlueter Dev# 019. Current Dev. Yellow Belt". (We misspelled his name on his badge. Rectify.)
- Dixon Nahrwold Dev# 020. Current Dev. White Belt.
- Abraham Rodriguez Dev# 021. Former Dev.
- Jozef Mikler III Dev# 022. Current Dev. White Belt.
- Michael Altfield Dev# 023. Current Dev. White Belt.
- Will Van Twuijver Dev# 024. Current Dev. White Belt. (Note: no bio)
- Christian Rupp Dev# 025. Current Dev. White Belt. (Note: no bio)
- Antonio Celso Dev# 026. Current Dev. White Belt.
- Alejandro Gonzalez Dev# 027. Current Dev. White Belt. (Note: no bio)
- Sarah Dosary Dev# 028. Current Dev. White Belt. (Note: no bio)
- Josh Krokowski, Dev# 030
- German Crespo, Dev#032
- G Roques, Dev# 033.
- Melanie Allen, Dev# 034.
Icons and badges
- The Graphics Working Team is producing open source ecology pattern language icons. See Pattern Language Icons Blog Post.
- Suggestion: Icons are typically Black and White. A specific color, such as Green - can represent that the icon is being used as a Badge that certifies skill.