OSE Communication Style
How should people communicate, in a collaborative and abundant world, and in a path to get there?
- Considering one's integrity, and what is right.
- Face the brutal facts.
- Do not be afraid to lose everything. At best, cultivate a mindset of having nothing to lose, as that is the key to courage.
- Courage is not absence of fear, but doing the right thing in the presence of fear.
- Considering others' situation or feelings
- If something is not right, bring up the controversy.
- Never split the difference.
- You can say harsh words, but with a willingness to repair the situation when you grow or as new information becomes available. Beware of The Map is Not the Territory whne
- The Map is Not the Territory. Do not assume that a person said something even if they said. Look at the larger situation, their position, their body language, their level of self-awareness.
- In a collaborative way.
- Give people an A (from The Art of Possibility. Do not cast pearls to swine at the same time - ie, allow people to disrespect you by being vulnerable when vulnerability is unwarranted. Know when vulnerability is acceptable, and when it isn't.
- Learn how to read people.
- Ask directly for clarity, do not beat around the bush. Be frank and forthright. Only in a world of scarcity is Strategic Culture to be found.
- Communicate to cultivate abundance and nurture infinite possibility.
- Assume radical honesty, but do it in a constructive way.
- Prepare the shit sandwich. Not! Do the balanced communication with rapport, next item.
- Rapport is ongoing communication, delving into the good and bad equally.