OSE Europe/People/Team Culturing Template
Team Culturing Information
last Updated: 20. September, 2014.
WHO are you?
- Name - Gabriella Handler
- Location (city, country) - Budapest, Hungary
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - firstname.lastname@example.org, +36705500153
- Introduction Video -
- Resume/CV - http://re.vu/ghandler
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
Working in the past 15 years as Corporate Social Investment Consultant there has been many opportunities to meet demands arising from real needs. However, connecting the solution with business interests, was rather complicated. The main goal of a CSI Consultant is to discover resources and hidden potential in the society, adding the "organisation" and infrastructure provided by the company or government opened many times the gates to success. Therefore, at the first place, this is a service for governmental bodies, NGOs and multinational companies with strong influence worldwide. The consultancy improves project development and the actual production by focusing on "out-of-the-box" solutions which can be achieved by individuals, but with the ability of system thinking. The change factors in East Europe for achieving community related goals is clearly visible, and I'd like to support this in Hungary too.
- Do you support open source culture?
Open source is one of the only acceptable solution for community developments. It's our responsibility to grow it beyond "movements", so it becomes the natural basic solution for community based challanges.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
First of all, because I'm a community investment consultant for more then a decade and it's my life. Secondly, because I feel passionate about the idea, that we can open a platform for Hungarian people, and so they can add their part to the global changes. Third, because we work with a technical solution for e-learning, which can help to teach, how to produce actually the machines.
- How do you think that the GVCS and Open Source Hardware can address pressing world issues?
Understanding, that the individuals are not necesseraly dependent on big financial and corporate solutions IF they collaborate within the closer community, AND share their knowledge, expertise and resources is the key factor. Not everywhere e.g. will be a machine for ever needed, it can be shared between close villages, while the other community can provide a different type of resource. This will naturally drive the human collaboration potential and helps to change the current situation.
- What do you like in OSE Europe?
It's better to say, what would I like to be part of it in the Future, because right now only the country platform seems to be working, where they are set at all. I'd like to be part of a vivid, collaborating community, which has an active dicsussion platform, with lots of offline opportunties.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with OSE Europe?
Creating an informative communication portal, digital content, and local access points.
- What is missing in OSE Europe?
Fire. Spirit. Power. Information. Events and conferences. Phisical places for "walk in and be part of it" opportunities.
- What are your suggestions for improvement in OSE Europe?
Mapping the current "living villages", alternative solutions, communities with real local government where no jobs are available. Create sufficient digital information about the machines and show examples for working "crowd-sourcing" methods. Create the easy accessible IT platform to set profile, join group and show the current projects working on. Link all this with an award/recognition day, and communicate to the public.
WHAT are your skills?
Strategy and media production. Local activities in Budapest and around.
- List all of your skills in these areas, at what level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and where did you practice them:
- Communications - advanced, trainer
- Organizational - advanced, currently working as Chief Innovation Consultant
- Fundraising - beginner. Know about the limitation of Crowdfunding in Hungary.
- Finances - beginner
- Law - n/a
- Public Relations/Marketing - advanced, strategy and direct connection to the major platforms in Hungary
- Web Development - Wordpress, Buddypress
- Video/Graphics/Art - advanced, with own media production
- Natural Building - n/a
- Construction - beginner
- Architecture - none
- Agriculture and Food Production - intermediate
- Woodworking - beginner
- Electronics - n/a
- Automation - n/a
- Metallurgy - n/a
- Engineering - n/a
- CAD Design - n/a
- Fabrication - n/a
- Energy - n/a
- CNC - n/a
- Chemistry - n/a
- Product Design - n/a
- Others - community management and innovation strategy
- How have you already contributed to OSE, OSE Europe and Open Source Hardware?
HOW can you help?
- How do you want to contribute?
Offering space for regular meetings in Budapest, for local development.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week? Or do you have a free timeframe (week, month)?
Volunteering by information events, and offering information for people interested and need personal guidance. 10 hours per week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes, I'm interested for being part of the organisation. I can offer the interactive video and media production, online marketing and mobile development. Anything, which has to do with "content sharing".
- Are you interested in being part of one of the OSE communities in Europe? If so in which country?
Yes. In Hungary.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit in OSE Communities in Europe? If so in which country?
Yes. If possible, all of them, and create about a great information package for the websites using "interactive video technology" 
- Are you interested in building GVCS or other Open Source Hardware equipment in Europe? If so which ones?
n/a at present
- Are you an OSE True Fan?
I have not donated yet.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Your Friends and Community
Back to the original Hungarian culturual values (non-invasive food production) https://www.facebook.com/MintakentAlkalmazottGondviseles?fref=ts - 3000 member Constious community in Hungary: https://www.facebook.com/everness?fref=ts - 10k member Lifestyle changing groups: - 5000 members Free and real / Greece ...
- What friends, people, communities and organizations do you know who are already doing valuable work for a better future? For example: open source hardware/software, sustainable agriculture, natural building, renewable energy, abundance based economies, local production or others?
see above plus I know about at least a 100 invention, which was not filed, become not-protected, or other way was forced to 'die off'. These can be all be rewoken.
- What are the technological (machines, tools, structures, ...) and biological (people, animals, plants, ...) needs of your community so that it becomes self-sufficient locally and globally connected?
- Are your friends and community doing valuable work for a better future? How can they become more involved in this process and share more with everyone?