OSE Growth Strategy
- Validate Research Questions
- Document a $1000/day Extreme Manufacturing revenue model for bootstrapping R&D work
- Educate candidates on this via immersion training. 3/4 of it is online, 1/4 is on site for the exam.
- Publish e-Book on starting a 3D printer business
- Develop operations and marketing for 3D printers. This involves:
- Positioning as R&D that matters, plus publishable R&D
- Lecture tours
- OSE Club startup
- Research abstracts to Dr. Pearce, with OSE Clubs and Curriculum Projects directly tied to Abstracts
- Direct marketing to schools, getting on Approved Vendor Lists
- Recycling angle
- Hire one person per subject area, as product owner for one of the GVCS 50
- Multimachine - swiss screw machine, heavy duty lathe, indexing head, position lock, DRO with laser distance measurement; up to 3" shaft and bearing size
- 3DP - big one, variations, Design Guide
- CNC Torch - 1" axis, oxyhydrogen generation
- Laser Cutter - small one, then powerful diode fiber lasers
- Circuit Mill - circuits, aluminum milling
- MIG Welder - from Arduino to 450A for $20 with Aluminum heatsinks and house heating.
- Hot Rolling - from scrap to 3" ingot, to make approximately 1/2"x4" square tubing (as in heavy duty frames) and 2"x4" bar
- Solar Concentrator - saturated steam, house heat, heat exchanger, hydronics
- Hydraulic Motor - cylinder, motor, scale model
- Modern Steam and engines -
- Induction Furnace - electronics, feedback, 3" feedstock, scrap feedstock; up to 3" billet, 8' long. Makes 1/2" wall tractor tubing (4") and 1"x7" slabs. 1/4"x28". Plenty for initial purposes and pressure vessels. Makes up to 18" diameter 1/8" wall pipe.
- Wire Drawing - Wire from scrap. MIG welding wire production, hot wire processes, MIG casting, in situ windmill tower printing
- Bioplastic Extruder - extruder nozzles, extruders for printers, filament making, filament compositing
- Hammermill/cutter/shredder/grinder - slow and fast grinders, rock crushers, laimet screw, and other
- Outsource marketing
- Develop full $100k microfactory with building and 100kW PV as a basic model for transcending artificial scarcity
- With microfactory model in place, we can replicate OSE Campus facilities rapidly around the world, to end artificial scarcity and to leapfrog. Start with various communities in the USA.
- 9 day per month requirement for enterprise, rest is R&D, to generate $10,800 per month. Salary of $3-5k per month starting.
In the $500 tractor model - scrap steel + 4800lb steel per day, but can be largely automated from a control room in a virtual video game.