OSE Recruiting Log
Tue Mar 16, 2021
- Retention - By leaving - someone has something to lose
- Frees time, not sucks it
- Base pay + incentives
- Mind open to learning. Growth mindset.
- Hiring Philosophy - negotiate. What does a person want? What things besides money do they want? How much to emphasize nonmonetary compensation? How do we give ownership?
- Assess how much they value education. Can we provide education as compensation?
- Is it possible to find out how much money a person needs? Ie, how much debt do they have? This really gets into creditor/debtor mindset.
- Assess real costs of hiring the person: training, flight risk, infrastructure required, timeframe for progress, alignment - how quickly do they learn to work openly?