OSEmail Repermissioning Campaign
FYI, this article has a lot of good (and bad) examples of repermission campaigns from other organizations:
My take aways:
- We should make it as obvious as possible that the user must opt-in or (if they do nothing) they will be permanently blacklisted & receive no future newsletters
- The subject should very clearly indicate that their action is required. I recommend: "Opt-In Action Required for OSEmail" or something similar
- Rather than put the opt-in confirmation link as a hyperlink in the body of the text, we should actually make a huge green button titled "Yes, keep sending me the OSEmail newsletter" or something similar
- The top of the email should be about the opt-in. The normal OSEmail update should go below the big green button
Campaign Sending Notes
You must do the following when sending the repermission campaign
- Choose the "Invite" radio button on the Format tab
Subject: Opt-In Action Required for OSE News and Updates
Dear Friends and Supporters of Open Source Ecology,
We are just getting started -- our next step in our organizational growth is installing an open-source, self-hosted email list software. The purpose is to own our communication channels and to support other open-source projects. We are using phpList -- an open source alternative to Mailchimp.
If you take no action, this may be the last email that you receive from us!
We've exciting plans for 2019 in the making -- so don't miss out as we go the long haul and finish the entire Global Village Construction Set by 2028!
Marcin Jakubowski, Executive Director
Michael Altfield, Senior System Administrator