- An Open Source* (seems is FLOSS, but sells server+rapid customer service packages) CAD Suite
- Supposedly better than FreeCAD ?
- User:Eric did a bit of corrospondence with them:
- They ARE floss
- They offer more real time customer service, cloud services, and some pre-made tools but otherwise the "pro" versions are the same
- No mention of needing aproval for pro work etc, so that seems fine
- Has an api so supposedly VERY easy to make workbenches etc
- Supposedly some mobile app? looking into that now (may be able to do full on cad on mobile!)
- Seems to be cloud based
- Any way to run offline/on a personal server/on a pc?
- Granted this does make file workflows easier, and may allow the use of low spec pc's...
- Figure out how to download, and get going on a PC or a Personal Server (Small personal (ie Pi Rack or a dedicated PC, or full on business scale ( "PROPER" server)
- If it can fully support (import, export, etc) FCstd Files
- If not will need to re-export (if possible) all the cad in that form OSE uses, also could use some converter, if they exist
User:Eric 's Exploration/Testing/Work
- Seems VERY user friendly, at least from my perspective
- That may just be the more 2000's+ aesthetic/io design lol
- Not sure on threaded holes, seems a slight bit complicated
- Should be easy to make a macro/open source tool though!
- May have free(?) Cloud Storage/Workflow?
- Also has "apps" essentially EASY group workflow (file managment via other software) + tools (CFD, FEM, etc)
- I am not the engineer/designer, but get's my stamp of approval IMO as of now
- Only potential issue is no OTS diy running method
- There IS a github, not certain if it can be forked to PC or run on a SMALL home/business "server" (a good buy for makerspaces anyways with AI...)
- Currently have a forum comment on this, may join + post on social media on this software later