How I Came Across OSE
I first came across open source ecology by the ted talk and my own research. I always have been interested in Various Mechanisms, DIY/Making, Gardening/Aquaponics, and modern self sufficiency. I kind of watched from a distance for a while getting to know the movement. I thought I might as well join and contribute some.
My main skills are photography + videography, photo + video editing, audio + music editing, and graphic design. I also love to tinker, but am probably less strong with my skills there than others (Although i would love to learn). The softwares I am familiar with are: Gimp, Krita, Blender, and Audacity, as well as Adobe Creative Cloud and Autodesk Software. I am in the process of learning Freecad, Basic Coding, and Sweet Home 3D as well. I am also a technology enthusiast; I am quite knowledgable in PC Building + Related Tech Standards, Live Audio Mixing, Photography, Videography, Audio Production, as well as VR/MR/AR. Granted I do not have degrees in these things (YET), but I have read up on them, and physically dealt with them quite a bit.
In terms of more "formal" qualifications:
- Plenty of "Hands On" work as a Kid Volunteering / Going Camping with Scouts etc, short of Heavy Equipment Use
- A Few Months of Volunteering at a Food Rescue place
- A Few Months of Volunteering at a local Animal Shelter
- A Few Months at Walmart doing Loading Dock (unloading the shipping container trucks), and Restocking work)
- 1 Year of a Welding School Program at FSCJ
- Went through it and did fine...short of the Bend Tests ; Learned a lot, but my Essential Tremor made my Arc Length change by enough millimeters for the Weld Bead to vary in diameter / for Weld Slag Inclusions or Sticking a Tungsten to occur etc
- Have record of time there and fine grades short of the bend tests, which were the main "goal" (Certifications for all the Welding Processes in all the Weld Positions )
- I did learn a TON though, so am in the process of adding this to the on-wiki information
- Also if i ever get into Robotic Welding ...
- 1 year of an Electrician Pre-Apprenticeship Program
- Learned a bunch from this as well
- Currently Applying for Jobs Locally, and also working on getting the information i learned on-wiki
Currently Working On
- Bio-Petrochemistry and other Biomass / Biofuels work
- Fleming Island Makerspace Plotting
- Making a viable precious plastic workflow (ie not a cash sink, and being able to handle all plastics)
- CNC Router / CNC Mill investigation
- Metal Casting workflows, especially Greensand Metal Casting Molds from 3D Prints etc
- Also trying to find what products could be made and sold from a makerspace
- Getting my first major job (After 1 Year at FSCJ 's Electrician Program
- Misc wiki interlinking/cleaning up/link necromancy
- Some Social Media Management/Networking
The Templates I Use
- Granted these are more so guidelines
- Full OSE Product Page Template
- Used originally early on in development, then is replaced with just the basic info/links and a link to the geneology page (also add in the dev template)
- Also have a DIY vs Open Source Distinction?
- Replace the non basic sections with an in page section for the dev template (the code thing used by marcin for the dev only pages) so the two are merged?
- Was just thinking i kind of overuse bullets maybe? May be worth a look for me to see where not having them, and just having the text would look nice
- Basic Placeholder Page Template
- Construction Set Page Template may update this to a more condensed format, but the spacing can be useful for reading the long lists inherent in this, perhaps "*" with enter lines in between each?
- Could use some improvement, perhaps do away with "Uses" and "allows for" and add a basic description section
- Also perhaps add a seperate description/goal/philosophy page, and make the page a more simplistic geneology like page?
- Gmail: email@example.com