How I Came Across OSE
I first came across open source ecology by the ted talk and my own research. I always have been interested in Various Mechanisms, DIY/Making, Gardening/Aquaponics, and modern self sufficiency. I kind of watched from a distance for a while getting to know the movement. I thought I might as well join and contribute some.
My main skills are photograhy + videography, photo + video editing, audio + music editing, and graphic design. I also love to tinker, but am probably less strong with my skills there than others (Although i would love to learn). The softwares I am familiar with are: Gimp, Krita, Blender, and Audacity, as well as Adobe Creative Cloud and Autodesk Software. I am in the process of learning Freecad, Basic Coding, and Sweet Home 3D as well. I am also a technology enthusiast; I am quite knowledgable in PC Building + Related Tech Standards, Live Audio Mixing, Photography, Videography, Audio Production, as well as VR/MR/AR. Granted I do not have degrees in these things (YET), but I have read up on them, and physically dealt with them quite a bit. With florida being under "Shelter in Place" (or something like that, kinda rushing quarentine re-opening IMO) i have plenty of time to burn.
As of lately my contributions have mainly been generic research/fleshing pages out, cleaning up the wiki (organisation + fixing links etc), and various PR like contacting possible SME's, and social media networking / support (on the OSE discord, and a pile of stuff on the Precious Plastic Discord)
Currenlty Working On
- Fleming Island Makerspace Plotting
- Making a viable precious plastic workflow (ie not a cash sink, and being able to handle all plastics)
- Also trying to find what products could be made and sold from a makerspace
The Templates I Use
- Granted these are more so guidelines
- Full OSE Product Page Template
- Used originally early on in development, then is replaced with just the basic info/links and a link to the geneology page (also add in the dev template)
- Also have a DIY vs Open Source Distinction?
- Replace the non basic sections with an in page section for the dev template (the code thing used by marcin for the dev only pages) so the two are merged?
- Basic Placeholder Page Template
- Construction Set Page Template may update this to a more condensed format, but the spacing can be useful for reading the long lists inherent in this, perhaps "*" with enter lines in between each?
- Could use some improvement, perhaps do away with "Uses" and "allows for" and add a basic description section
- Also perhaps add a seperate description/goal/philosophy page, and make the page a more simplistic geneology like page?
- Gmail: firstname.lastname@example.org