Open Source 3D Printer Enclosure
Existing Open Source Designs
- Made of Metal (Probably Aluminium) Extrusions, Sheet Metal (Aluminium or Stainless Steel), and either Clear Plastic, or Glass Sides
- Has An Active Air Heater (possibly hydronic electric hybrid?) with Arduino Based Temperature Control Tied to the Software Used
- Has Optional Fume Extraction with Optional Filtration for Certain Filaments that Produce Fumes, or use for chemistry as a lab bot
- Has Hinges on as many sides as wanted
- Insulation? (Possibly Double Sides with an Air Gap and Insulation Foam etc under the bottom sheet metal with another sheet below it possibly
- Possible mounting points to make stacks secure
- Fire Extinguishing?
- Power Ports (A Surge Protector Bar Perhaps?
- External Screen and Data Ports (And possibly computing/power componets) (?)
- Optional Water Cooling of Internal Componets (Open Source Water Cooled FDM 3D Printer Extruder etc)