Open Source 3 Axis Wire-Cut EDM Machine
- According to This :
- Ideal for low volume quantities of parts that require tight manufacturing tolerances.
- Extrusion dies.
- Blanking punches.
- Metal and tool fabrication.
- Also Really Small Stuff as shown in this video at 13:26
Existing Open Source Designs
Minimum Viable Product
- Holds all the below together
- Controls all components
- Raspberry Pi + Arduino + Any necessary shields?
- Connects to IO Panel and any external controls (PC, Server, WWW, etc)
- Optional Mouse + Keyboard
- Recirculates the dielectric fluid
- Does this to promote circulation
- Also provides pressure to debris clearing jets
- Cleans Debris (Such as Metal Dust) Out of the Dielectric Fluid
- Hydrocyclone + Standard Oil/Water Filter Cartridge
- Should also include sensors before and after filtration to determine fluid + filter effectiveness
- The Workpiece is attached to this
- Allows the Work Surface and Work Piece to be submerged in dielectric fluid
- Could be permanent or a slide up design
- Holds and Moves the Toolpiece
- Standard D3D Axis?
- A device resembling two fingers holding dental floss
- Works with the power supply
- A device with two wire spools (one for feeding new wire thru and one for receiving spent wire)
- Also need to design/find the mechanism for shooting the string to the other side to remove the need for manual wire threading
- Holds Spare Fluid
- Also holds the contents of the fluid bath when not in use