Open Source Photogrammetry
It is now 2020. Is there an effective phone app today that is capable of high quality photogrammetry?
Meshroom appears to work for Prusa - https://blog.prusaprinters.org/photogrammetry-2-3d-scanning-simpler-better-than-ever/
On my computer, it looks like it just froze on Ubuntu 18.04. - MJ
3D Scanning a Cordless Drill
- Wikipedia article on Photogrammetry - 
- International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
- VisualSFM/CMVS-PMVS/Meshlab/Blender pipeline: PhotogrammetryWorkflows/VisualSFM_CMVS-PMVS_Meshlab
- Colmap -
- Efoto. PDF on the topic - Brazilian - 
- AliceVision/Meshroom allows you to run the whole photogrammetric pipeline. Put your images and it will generate a textured mesh automatically.
- Open Drone Map. WebODM
- MVE. Paper on Floating Scale Surface Reconstruction - 
See Joseph Prusa's video. This one uses Colmap:
Available, but no license.
- Jacob Log
- Open Source 3D Scanning/Motion Capture Construction Set
- This video has an intresting (albeit expensive) Stil Photogrammetry Setup
- This video has an intresting (and impossibly expensive) video Photogrammetry Setup
- OpenScan - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ee4jLk_As&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=REkFiylbiOEAE-v7%3A6 It sounds like they may be confusing freeware & opensource? Interesting project and good scanning ideas.