Pilot projects are relevant wheneve a full product release is approaching.
Stages prior to pilot projects:
- First prototype. Proof of concept. Pre-alpha release.
- Second, third,... prototypes - provide improvements. Still pre-alpha.
- Alpha release - suitable for early adopters and hackers. Not necessarily feature complete.
- Beta release - suitable for external testing on real customers. Product is feature complete but has known bugs.
- Release candidate - only tightly-scoped bug fixes are allowed.
- Pilot project - any phase from Alpha to Release Candidate are possible for pilot projects - but the further along a project is, the higher the chance of success.
2013 Pilot Project Notes
Pilot projects are a way to deploy our machines worldwide and provide valuable performance feedback. The goal is to develop a practical business model based on strategic rollout.
Gus Stone - visualization of development and documentation process.
- Sunglass - Kaustuv DeBiswas
- Neighborland - Candy Chang - "I want________in my neighborhood."
- Strong Angel with access via Mr. Wells, Teru, or other high level insiders.
- Howie Buffett via Gerard
- Haiti with Catarina and Carlos
- Nicholas Sparks Foundation via Dan McCormick
- Rancho Mastatal - sawmill via Peter
- Our School at Blair Grocery - tractor via Ian
- 3rd Ward - Torch Table - via Stephanie and Jason
- Milgo Bufkin - Tractor Fabrication Optimization
- Governor's Island - Tractor deployment - via Stephanie
- Governor's Island - biogas
- Power Cube - Bangladesh River Boats with Mohammad
- Local agriculture - Kauffman Foundation - tractor optimization, work with Lesa.
- Guatemala with Manuel, would need to monetize this for development/documentation energy.
- Lasersaur - Addie - BOM site
- Mr. Filho in Brazil - CNC fab optimization.
- Chuck, Cat 40 CNC Mills tech transfer
- Multmachine tech transfer
- WikiSpeed Tech Transfer