Raspberry Pi Tablet
- A touch-screen tablet shaped computer made from a Raspberry Pi is a low-hanging fruit type of project featuring the integration of advanced DIY computing (1.4 Ghz quad core, 1 G RAM) with open source 3D printing. A 3D printed case can be used, and with a bluetooth headset - the combination can be turned into a smart phone or "phablet".
- Phone can be added via an auxiliary Pi Zero for low power requirement when used as a phone with the other Pi as the main computer. Just sayin.
- Low end models are good educational/gift kits, high end models with things such as data logger ports, or barcode/qr code readers are especially usefull in research and logistics/sales enviroments respectively
- May be used as a thin client from a server, for example to run FreeCAD?
Ruggedized "Warehouse Tablets"
- These are hardy, have long bttery life and/or hot swappable batteries, and have things like card readers and barcode scanners, and sometimes even 3d scaanners
- This ~$1,300 design
- These tend to have calibrated, high resolution touch screens, advanced styluses, and some even have advanced graphics like nvidia quadro
- [Wacom Mobile Studio Pro
Existing Open Source Designs
- $120 pi 2 with 3.5 touchscreen and keyboard- 
- Open source project - DukePad - 
- CutiePi - forthcoming - open source but custom board - 
- Pretty good one. OS is problematic as of 2017. 
- DIY example - 
- RasPad - . Kickstarter campaign -