OSE is actively seeking an experienced Technical Recruiter to provide OSE support from our Factor e Farm location or remote location. This is a contract-based, negotiable compensation position offering pursuit of higher purpose, access to a powerful network of collaborators in the OSE, open source economic development, appropriate technology, and TED communities.
Please submit your resume to recruiting at ose dot org for immediate consideration. Please include your date of availability and requirements.
The successful OSE Technical Recruiter performs a variety of full life-cycle recruiting functions in support of sourcing, screening, interviewing, evaluating, and submission of qualified candidates to effectively meet OSE's staffing requirements. This position supports OSE efforts in prototyping the 50 GVCS technologies up to beta product release by December 21, 2012.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with OSE Director to confirm job requirements, competencies, and reward structure
- Identify niche skill candidates with the reight level experience in the subject matter expertise area of interest
- Conduct phone screens and preliminary interviews of candidates that meet the job requirements and submit resumes for review
- Coordinate interview process
- Maintains applicant tracking system
- Supports compliance of candidates with OSE Specifications and OSE culture
- Reward structure negotiation and preparation of offer letters
- Works with OSE Director to complete the hiring and in-processing procedures
- Provide exceptional service to management, communicating consistently with updates
- Develops networks and recruiting strategies to ensure a strong pipeline of qualified candidates for future openings in all areas of technical subject matter expertise and of organizational support functions
- Other duties as assigned to support the HR/Operations Team
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of work and education
- At least 5 years of direct technical recruiting experience in a full life cycle recruiting environment
- Experience sourcing a variety of administrative, technical, engineering, and scientific candidates with security clearances ranging from NACLC to SSBI and above
- Proven ability to interpret and analyze technical job requirements and qualifications
- Strong Internet sourcing skills including experience sourcing highly cleared candidates
- Experience working with a resume/applicant database management system
- Proven ability to prioritize work and adjust focus to deliver results in a fast paced, dynamic environment with competing demands
- Knowledge of HR policy, procedure, federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Strong interviewing/follow-up skills and negotiation abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Linux OS
- Experience with applicant tracking system implementation is a plus
- Ability to successfully pass a National Agency Background Investigation if required
- Identifies and recruits ideal candidates for designing and prototyping the GVCS.
- Will include engineers, independent researchers, subject matter experts, and consultants.
- Leverages TED Fellows community contacts for possible collaborations
- Weeds out un-desirable candidates.
- Answers any questions candidates may have about working with OSE.
- Negotiates pay structure with potential candidates.
- Recruits volunteers to do jobs which do not require skilled labor.
- Reports to OSE Executive Director with findings on a daily basis.
Specific Qualities and Duties of Applicants
- Searching open source related initiatives, retired peoples' organizations, professional societies for subject matter experts in technical fields of engineering, metallurgy, precision machining, robotics, power electronics, automation, regenerative agriculture and building; and in organizational fields of open source technology development, open source economic development, rcruiting, video production, communications, grant writing, strategy, and other supporting functions necessary to develop a solid open source product development organization.
- Willingness to learn about all of the GVCS 50 technologies and product ecologies involved. See Product Ecologies Crash Course Video, forthcoming.
- Must have experience negotiating with professionals.
- Must have enough technical knowledge, or be capable of learning about the GVCS to determine if a candidate will be of use.
- Must be able to assess candidate qualifications and culture fit.
- Ability to work independently and set individual priorities and goal accomplishments.
- Recruiters will be paid by commission. Commission will be negotiated during interview process.
- Read Status Brief page to understand up to date status on all projects - GVCS, Infrastructure, Organizational
- Follow up with active project managers if you have any questions on status
- Candidates are required to have a thorough understanding of OSE mission and goals.
- Read all materials presented in Civilization Starter Kit DVD v0.01 foreword and intro.
- Fill out a Team Culturing survey and post it on the OSE wiki.
- Send us a resume at opensourceecology (at) gmail (dot) com
- Explain in 1000 words or less why you'd like to work with OSE, a brief explanation of how you plan on recruiting, and what you would require from OSE to execute your plan. Make sure you consider the Status Brief for proper direction.
- We will contact you and plan an interview after receiving your application.