- 1 Permanent Links
- 2 Wed Aug 14 2013
- 3 Tue Aug 13, 2013
- 4 Aug 12 2013
- 5 Aug 9 2012
- 6 Aug 8 2013
- 7 Aug 7 2013
- 8 Aug 6 2013
- 9 Aug 2 2013
- 10 Aug 1 2013
Wed Aug 14 2013
Tue Aug 13, 2013
LifeTrac Cab Requirements
Sketchup Component Models
2 spool Joystick [Part# RD522GCGA5A4B6]:
- Sketchup File : Media:2_spool_Joystick.skp
- Specs : https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-4782&catname=hydraulic
- IGES File : http://www.amazon.com/Prince-RD522GCGA5A4B6-Directional-Control-Monoblock/dp/B005P1ED3O
2 Spool Motor Valve [RD522EEAA5A4B1]
- Sketchup File : Media:2_spool_motor_valve.skp
- Specs : https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-6760&catname=hydraulic
- STEP File : http://www.amazonsupply.com/prince-rd522eeaa5a4b1-directional-monoblock-positions/dp/B005P1ECNU
2 Spool Cylinder Valve [RD522CCAA5A4B1]
- Sketchup File : Media:2_spool_control_valve.skp
- Specs : https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-6702&catname=hydraulic
- STEP File : http://www.amazon.com/Prince-RD522CCAA5A4B1-Directional-Control-Positions/dp/B0009ESTS2
1 Spool Cylinder Valve [RD512CA5A4B1]
- Sketchup File : Media:1_spool_control_valve.skp
- Specs : https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-6701&catname=hydraulic
- STEP File : http://www.amazon.com/Prince-RD512CA5A4B1-Directional-Control-Positions/dp/B0025PKDI2
1 Spool Motor Valve [RD-2575-M4-EDA1]
- Sketchup File : Media:1_spool_motoring_valve.skp
- dimensions are almost identical to 1 Spool Cylinder Valve, so that .skp file may be used instead.
- Specs : https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-6767&catname=hydraulic
- Additional Link : http://www.amazon.com/Prince-RD-2575-M4-EDA1-Directional-Logsplitter-Positions/dp/B0007IKGI6
Aug 12 2013
Potential software for multi-user collaboration.
* http://www.opencobalt.org/home - Virtual Workspace * http://www.oopgames.com/freecad/ - Construction/Simulation software integrated into world
Aug 9 2012
Sketchy Physics Test
- Preformed a test in sketchyphysics attempting to simulate a cylinder with a pivot at one end where the piston could slide. The test seemed to show that sketchyphysics could not be used that way.
Then Found the following video...
File:Wranglerdown.skp """How did they do this"""
Aug 8 2013
- Created a set of build instructions for the "Material Awareness exercise"
- Built the "Material Awareness structure"
- Material is much bigger and heavier than you would think from the sketchup model
- Assembly works best if nothing is tightened down until entire structure is assembled
- Disassembled structure
- Did inventory of 1" bolts and nuts.
- Did inventory of hydraulic hoses
Aug 7 2013
Search "Brake valves to control hydraulic motors with over-running loads"
Information on Overcenter Valves:
Interactive video on how hydraulic brake valves work
We need either a drum brake system or a hydraulic brake valve.
Our current Drum: http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?catname=hydraulic&item=9-9003
Options for drum brake:
Fits our drum, but costs $560 : http://www.jegs.com/i/Currie/272/96226/10002/-1?parentProductId=756792
Does not fit, but demonstrates that there may less costly options: http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=28-1324&catname=
Options for hydraulic brake valve:
Still need to determine price and circuit : http://www.hydrotech-bg.com/common/d_images/src/file/PDF/E4-ACCESSORIES.pdf - See Overcenter valves with brake control
Aug 6 2013
Brake Research Discusses several brake systems, their advantages and disadvantages, as well as how to trouble shoot them.</br> There are two commonly used types of brakes. Drum-Brakes, and Disk-Brakes.
This is the motor we have: http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-10419&catname=hydraulic
This motor would have been better I think: http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7703&catname=hydraulic