Selling Power to the Grid
(Redirected from Selling Power Back to the Grid)
- This page goes over how one can sell (excess) power back to the Centralized Electric Grid
- Largely depends on the local legislation
- Also need a special meter in most cases
- Need to see SPECIFICALLY what hardware is needed
- Also need to see if there is a "cap" of maximum sellable amount of Kilowatt Hours
- Also can be done via power from a battery bank, or EV in Energy Storage as a Service systems
- Supposedly Florida USA has one of the best systems in the USA for this?
Florida Use Case Analysis
- A Clay Electric Page Titled: "Common questions about photovoltaic systems answered"
- A Clay Electric Page Titled: "Solar Power"
- The JEA Page on Distributed Generation (good pdf download for deep dive into info)
- A FLASEIA Page titled "CUSTOMER-OWNED RENEWABLE GENERATION (Net Metering)"
- Another Useful PDF
- A Petition on This (need to READ it, seems at surface level to be the electric companies not being fair on this?
- The system shall be rated at no more than 100 kilowatts (KW) alternating current power output"
- Net Metering
- Net Purchase and Sale (Energy)
- Smart Grid
- OSE Grid Backup / Returning Power to the Grid Planning Log
- Energy Storage as a Service