- It appears natural that most people wake up many times. 9 on average - 
- Note that sleep time is NOT the time you go to be and wake up. It is that time minus the awake times. Thus, if you plan on the recommended 8 hours - you need to spend more than 8 hours in bed. It is 55 minutes more on a erage according to available data - . THIS IS A BIG POINT TO HEED FOR ANYONE WANTING TO GET THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF SLEEP, OR IF THEY WONDER WHY THEY are tired if they 'go to sleep fr 8 hours'
- Remember that proper sleep, diet, and exercise are critical physical requirements of health
Training the Mind to Fall Asleep Rapidly
- Author says his insight came from a book, "Insomnia and Other Adult Sleep Problems
- How to train your brain subconsciously to fall asleep in 30 seconds . (1) remove caffeine in training period (2) good diet; (3) exercise; (4) wake at same time, no lingering - which trains your brain it's all it gets, which incentives brain to fall asleep at the same time to adapt. It's the lingering that teaches the brain that it's ok not to wake up, so brain never trains itself to fall asleep immediately. (5) caffeine can be added back once brain is trained.
- Herbal stimulants - peppermint, cayenne, ginger, cinnamon - 
- Stanford or Epstein Sleep Scale
- Fitbit or other cheap China health watches ($40)
-  - in the 90s it was shown in an experiment that with 14 hours of night, one's sleep.cycle turns biphasic with one hour wake time. +
- Good PDF - Your Guide to Healthy Sleep - [