Thu Oct 4, 2018 Standup
- Calendar. Month 1 marketing + Kit deployment. Month 2 breakeven + stabilize. . Month 3 - teacher/lbrarian workshops + HeroX.
- Long term - tractors in africa
- Printers up and running? - Friday or Saturday to get them running.
- e-book status? How does 3DP seed the Power Cube? Rubber engine mounts, suction hoses, clean plugs for hydraulic hoses to prevent dirt from entering
- Update on Africa
- Digital Promise contact next steps - followup
- phplist and phpBB vs Discourse
- Cindy Conference Call
- Decide venue for Oakland
- Decide on 2 more venues
- First: event conversion for 1 day builds.
- Capture email and do other marketing venues
- Second: market research first
- Emphasizing design sprints for libraries
- David Lee: Fab Lab Village, Autonomous Tracktor
- Alex S: (People build themselves and then...) Business model for Africa is Financing.
- Combo: develop engineering + supply chain in China, and then deliver in Africa in Feb for $200k
- Cindy the Librarian: propose a 2 day curriculum and then go for it. $1400 2-day package. They are receptive and overburdened. They may take on a platter, or a design-jam on the 3rd day. Simple project: fully 3d printed broom, or toilet wipe. 3d printed vice. Meeting library needs to switch to emerging technology, digital making, and design. A very encouraging convo. Present it on a platter, and then you start scoring. Start with the curriculum.
- Librarians may not have continuing education curriculum. But they have a materials budget. You could say they could buy a kit.
- $1000 for all the costs? for the kit? (Kit has embodied costs.) (Diff libraries have diff budgets. )
- Cindy's angle: 6 entrepeneurs in the inner city? Connecting to a computer repair group?
- "open source copy machine for common goods" -- this is the open source fab lab
- Look at: https://wiki.opensourceecology.org/wiki/L%E2%80%99Atelier_Paysan for building together w/ 100s
- Marcin copies curriculum and re-orients to OSE spec
- Marcin will send us assembly of extruder
- Email mike to figure out how to catch emails through phplist, with an autoresponder, or it can be a free 3d printer plans (it already exists)
- Design Sprint Training (3rd day for librarians)
- Think about using Welcomely to catch emails with Ad Words
- Marcin connects Sara to Google Adwords
- Alex & Sara setup our OSE gmail accounts
- Alex will call Oakland folks, and research San Jose + Sacramento (but not call them)
- Alex will refine the log
- 1 day detail
- 2 day detail
- 3 Day detail - Design Jam - frame the email catchment around design. 2 hour design crash course by OSE
- Corporate Team Building