- Name Kardan
- Location (city, country) Braunschweig / Riebau / travelling
- Contact Information please use the form on my webpage
- Current Projects self-sufficiency & off the grid living, open source: hardware & permaculture
101 members - let's collaborate! one aim of this group was to build up a database of open hardware projects. Where shall we go now? my answers at questionare about open hardware projects
my motivation to support this network
- why open source culture?
While studying Engineering at a public university my decision rose to not work at usual companies but to put my full effort into self organized networks and grass root movements. Sharing became one of the basic principles on the way. Some years ago we started a group to set up a group about Open Source Hardware and set up a simple project database.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I ran into Permaculture when I moved from a programming/hacklab in Berlin to a rural open space in Riebau (Altmark) nearly 2 years ago. The combination of both is compelling and necessary. Since I saw the video lecture on 'Open Source Ecology: Permaculture and Local Food Systems' I know, this is the right place.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
Green Clean Alternatives become the biggest need of many people who start to open their mind and seek for ways of living and working without damaging the environment or to just be independent from money cycles. As building up communes and ecovillages is quite commom in the eco sector in Europe many people aim to be self sufficient which is labor intense. The availability of eco friendly fueled devices would rise the accaptance of machines and boost effectivity among settlers. According to the OSE videos the GVCS is highly capable to push things into this direction.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
- For the Sustainable Forestry Meeting in January 2012 in Provence/France OSE info material could be of use
- I need a working hardware development community in the rough area of Europe to join
- To not loose time I prefer a perspective to pay my dental treatment beyond working at any company
- What is missing in the project?
As I started woodcutting and sustainable forestry last year I missed equipment like an air powered chain saw, a chopper, or crane attached pole trailer to transport logs. Last month I built a digestion system which could be of use in the biogas section.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
- Address eco villages with a special portal for ready to build solutions.
- Do europe wide trainings to form construction teams for ready to use products at farms etc.
- Setting up FabLabs is very effecitve to distribute work
to come. please see my external skill page in the meantime
how I can help
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Currently I have no fixed appointments or schedules. If there are opportunities for team work I am 100% on board. Beneath the above steps I am highly interested to develop a Chopper. That enables us to buildup wood piles for heat and gas production and to sell wood chips for funding. There is a high demand for wood piles at eco villages and garden owners.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
See my skills above. As I lived without money for the last 5 years my life cost is very reduced. However I need money to pay my treatment.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
At the moment I do not tend to travel the US. Otherwise very much!
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
I am not able to finance it at the moment.
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
That could be an option.
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
If you mean I should pay money, no. Otherwise yes.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
I can not tell how much this expresses my current dream.