Team Culturing Information
WHO are you?
- Name - Pepe Bawagan
- Location (city, country) - Quezon City, Philippines
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
syk0saje (at) gmail (dot) com
+63 2 4379260
+63 927 3437441
- Resume/CV - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3774189/CV.docx
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
of the many progressive endeavors around the world today, i find OSE to be the one going straight in the right direction. we see science and high-tech booms nowadays but this kind of complexity cannot be sustained if its fundamental required resources are under threat of exhaustion and/or decay. i see OSE as stabilizing that base so that whatever we choose to build on top does not collapse as easily.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
it greatly lowers the cost of modernization, particularly in rural areas, improving the quality of life for the people residing there. it also boldly challenges many counterproductive trends in the global economy such as mass production, wage slavery, and the profit motive, to mention a few.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
i should probably learn a lot more about a lot of things, primarily some engineering disciplines (mechanical, materials) and agri/permaculture.
- What are you missing in the project?
i'm not so sure what this means, but if i guess correctly, i'd like better-worded questions :)
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
a better organization and presentation of data, for which i would be more than happy to help :)
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
communications - i have excellent command of english and tagalog (i can proofread and maybe even do voiceovers)
organization - no credentials aside from being president of two university organizations back in college, but i am quite a neat freak and like to keep things in order and efficient. (emphasis on things, not people.)
computer support - i finished computer science for my undergrad (details in my resume) and have some experience with web development and database management
- How have you already contributed to the project?
i've only read and cleaned some parts of the wiki, so i'd say barely, if you would even consider it a contribution.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
mainly managing online information at the moment. however, i'm looking forward to replicating some of the prototypes myself on a plot of land that i'm planning to develop. but the ultimate goal is to visit the site in kansas to try working directly on the farm and see where it goes from there.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
yes, although i probably can't give more that around 10 hours a week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
not at the moment
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
not yet. i keep my own money and so i don't have a bank account, although i might sign up over the weekend if my friend lets me use his account.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
yes, but not too near in the future
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.