- It can be used as a direct Gasoline Substitute in unmodified internal combustion engines
- Butanol is far less corrosive than ethanol and can be shipped and distributed through existing pipelines and filling stations
- It is an effective Hydrogen Carrier in a Hydrogen Economy ; Reformed butanol has four more hydrogen atoms than Ethanol, resulting in a higher energy density
- Butanol is an industrial commodity, with a 370 million gallons per year market with a selling price of $3.75 per gallon.
- It can be, but does not have to be, blended (10 to 100 percent) with any fossil fuel.
- Butanol can be transported through existing pipelines for distribution.
- It can be blended with petrodiesel and with vegetable oils (where it also reduces the gel temperature point and the viscosity) to produce biodiesel. ?
- It is a very versatile fuel and fuel extender in both gasoline and diesel engines. Octane?