- This page goes over Drop In Replacements for (Fossil Fuel Derived) Gasoline
- For more general liquid fuels see Biofuels
- CNG / LNG and LPG are not included as the gas storage, and infrastructure are significant modifications to the Fuel Economy , and thus are not "drop in" replacements
- Ethanol is common worldwide, typically as a blend (ie E-85 in the USA etc)
- Brazil has a working "Ethanol Economy" and sells E-100
- This is most likely due to an excess of sugar due to widespread sugarcane farming
- Supposedly some have a small gasoline tank to help with Cold Starts ?